Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Caustic soda sprinkled on pancakes

FOUR residents of a nursing home became ill after caustic soda was mistakenly sprinkled on their pancakes.

Three women and a man from Edgarley Home in southwest Victoria were admitted to hospital on June 4 after eating the pancakes.

Casterton Memorial Hospital chief executive Owen Stephens said one patient left the same day, two others were kept overnight, and the fourth stayed another day.

"My indication on discussion with the home was that it was an accident," Mr Stephens said.

"It was nothing of a malicious nature."

Comment from Edgarley Home is being sought.


Latest Posts

Latest Comments