Sunday, May 25, 2008

Huxley 'blessed' she can't remember attack




Lauren Huxley has spoken publicly about her brutal bashing for the first time, saying it is a blessing that she cannot remember the attack.

Ms Huxley was 18 when Robert Black Farmer bashed her repeatedly with fibro cutters, doused her in petrol and left her for dead in her Sydney home in 2005.

The assault left the woman, who is now 21, partially brain-damaged.

Farmer, 39, was found guilty of attempted murder last week but is yet to be sentenced.

Ms Huxley has told Channel Nine she does not understand why the "monster" attacked her.

"There's not one thing that I can remember," she said. "But I do think I'm blessed not remembering it because it's something I wouldn't want to remember."

Ms Huxley says she was devastated by the injuries to her face.

"Seeing what I saw in the mirror, I was just devastated," she said. "I'm so fortunate that I can cover a lot of my scars and my marks and everything and no-one would know."

In a victim impact statement read out to a Sydney court on Thursday by her sister, Simone, she said she lived in fear and found it difficult to trust people, especially men.

Farmer showed no emotion as the document was read during his sentencing hearing.

Prosecutor Chris Maxwell QC wants Farmer, who he said was an extremely dangerous person, to be jailed for at least 25 years.

The attacker will be sentenced on June 13.

0 comments:

Latest Posts

Latest Comments