Friday, July 18, 2008

Playing Jesus was the ultimate: WYD actor

The man who played the role of Jesus in yesterday's performance of the Stations of the Cross in Sydney says he is not interested in pursuing an acting career.

Alfio Stuto, who works in advertising, stumbled barefoot through a journey which ended with the crucifixion at Barangaroo in front of 100,000 onlookers.

The 27-year-old says no other acting role would ever be able to rival yesterday's performance.

"This is a journey that I'll never forget," he said.

"I mean I have a love for dramatic arts and acting, I'll be honest with you, but for performance, for me this is the ultimate.

"It doesn't get better than this, a) to serve God and b) to touch so many people's hearts, you can't get better than that."

Mr Stuto says he has woken up slightly worse for wear today.

He says he suffered a bit of bruising and some grazes during his barefoot stumble to the crucifixion scene at Barangaroo yesterday afternoon.

But he says it was not difficult to be philosophical about the pain.

"It's all God's work. That's not even a speck of what Jesus went through so I'm like, 'more'," he said.

"''If you think it's right, give me more pain', but he felt that was enough."

0 comments:

Latest Posts

Latest Comments