Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Granny delivers baby beside highway

A GRANDMOTHER has helped deliver her daughter's seventh child beside a busy Queensland highway, aided by paramedics giving advice by phone.

Natasha Auda, 26, of Rockhampton, was being driven to hospital by her mother around 6.30pm (AEST) yesterday when she realised the baby was not going to wait.

She said her mum, Suelia Auda, didn't miss a beat and just pulled over to the side of the Bruce Highway to deliver the baby after calling paramedics.

"It was the easiest and fastest pregnancy I have had,'' Ms Auda said.

"I give my mum a 10 out of 10.''

Ms Auda gave birth to a 3.6kg girl she has named Xanthia.

"She came a day late. My contractions were five to 10 minutes apart but I thought we'll have enough time to drop my brother off at the caravan park (before going to the hospital),'' she said.

"But they came really fast and before I knew it I was in labour.''

She said paramedics arrived in time to cut the cord.

Both mother and child are well and returned from Rockhampton hospital today.

Her six other children are aged 10, seven, five, four, three and two.

0 comments:

Latest Posts

Latest Comments